What is STARS?
Adolescent years can be a particularly challenging time for anybody. The DSG STARS (Special Teens Achieving Real Success) Program was founded to help teens with Down syndrome navigate the road to independence. STARS provides a fun and safe environment for teens, ages 12 to 18. Teens have the opportunity to make new friends, volunteer in their community, explore employment skills, and increase self-confidence. The focus is to help each teen reach their true potential.
Check to make sure your child is signed up to get the most recent STARS information and event updates:
1. **Update your teens information for the STARS program by clicking here. **
2. Subscribe to our weekly emails so you don't miss out on anything STARS related by clicking here.
3. Make sure to download our new app to get the latest updates on STARS right at your fingertips! We also have our own tile, access to carpool information, etc. Its pretty cool! Go to your app store and search "DSG." Then you will need to request to join the STARS tile once you click on it.
4. Join our Facebook Group: Search for "DSG of KC STARS Program" and ask to join. You will be approved ONLY if you are a parent to a teen in the program.
5. Click on the links to events by clicking here and sign up for events your teen would like. IMPORTANT: If it is your first time in STARS you must attend an event at DSG first so we can get to know you! So make sure your first event you sign up for is at DSG.
6. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the STARS program.
Check out our upcoming events!
STARS loves partnering with the community to do lots of fun events. Being ushers at the Sensory Friendly Nutcracker is always such a fun learning experience!
Cooking classes help teach life skills so teens can be more independent as they transition to adulthood.
Overcoming fears, working together, and trying new things are important skills to know as an adult!