send your child with down syndrome to kindergarten with confidence
DSG believes your child has unlimited potential and a very bright future! One of our goals is to help you navigate the educational maze and provide support along the journey. Many DSG parents express concerns and anxiety over sending their child with Down syndrome off to kindergarten.
The Smart Start program was developed in response to parents requests for support at this critical transition time. If you have asked yourself any of the following questions then Smart Start is for you:
- Will my child be safe?
- Will my child be included?
- Will my child have a paraprofessional?
- Will my child have friends?
- Will my child succeed?
This seminar series is compiled of 4 sessions held throughout the school year. All of the sessions will be held at the DSG Office from 6:00 - 8:30 pm on the following dates:
- Student Readiness on Thurs., Oct. 5, 2017
- Parent/School Relations Thurs., Dec. 7, 2017
- Placement & IEP Thurs., Feb. 1, 2018
- Fostering Friendships Thurs., Apr. 5, 2018