KEYS TO SUSSESS CONFERENCE JANUARY 31, 2015
DSG was excited to welcome over 200 attendees to our 1-day conference for Educators, Speech-Language Patholigists and Parents. This year's Keys to Sucess Conference offered 15 sessions on topics ranging from Toilet Training, and Feeding Issues, to Transision Issues and Successful Adult Life. View our Facebook album here and download ALL conference handouts here.
- What Your Other Kids Are Thinking
- Smooth Transision From Middle to High School
- Coping with Greif and Stress
- Practical Solutions to Challenging Behavior
- The Up Side of Down Syndrome
- The Big Question on Clear Speech
- Helping Your Son/Daughter Lead a Successful Adult Life
- Postsecondary Education Success
- Medical Care of Children With Down Syndrome
- Oh The Places We'll Go!
- Toilet Training in Four Days
- Feeding Issues: Treating the Whole Child
- Squish, Trace, Pinch Your Way To Writing
2014 DOWN SYNDROME EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
DSG was excited to welcome Sue Buckley and Becky Baxter back to the US for a 3-day conference for Educators, Speech-Language Patholigists and Parents. Over 500 attendees participated in one (or more) of the conference tracks. View our Facebook album here and download ALL conference handouts here. Visit the Down Syndrome Education International website for additional information, research and support or purchase items online at DSE-USA.
- Educator Track 0-6 Years
- Educator Track 7-16 Years
- Parent Track 0-6 Years
- Parent Track 7-16 Years
- SLP Track 0-6 Years
- SLP Track 7-16 Years
2013 Sharing the Journey conference
DSG was thrilled to welcome 200 attendees from six states at our 2013 education conference. View our Facebook photo album here and donwload conference handouts here. We appreciate the support of our Step Up Walk teams who raise funds to subsidize this event.
2012 Take Flight Conference
Download handouts from our recent Take Flight Conference at the links below:
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome to Read part 1
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome to Read part 2
- DSFOC Literacy Guide
- Nutrition and Feeding Issues for People with Down Syndrome
- Advocacy Through Storytelling
- Play Your Way to Better Language
- What's All the Fuss About Working Memory
- Ain't Misbehavin
- Positive Supports Behavior Family Workbook
- Disability Entrepeneurs: Creating a Bright Future for Your Loved One With Down Syndrome
- Technology Through the Looking Glass
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
What are people saying?
"Awesome presentation! I feel like I can really use this info and can benefit from it." - paraprofessional