- PALS Rock the Spectrum Night Jun 01
- Club 3-21 T-Bones Game Jun 03
- Siblings T-Bones Game Jun 03
- STARS Summer Camp: Timber Ridge Adventure Center Jun 05
- STARS Summer Camp: Northland Therapeutic Riding Center Jun 08
- STARS Summer Camp: Arrowhead Tour and Royals Game Jun 12
- STARS Summer Camp: Outdoor Fun and BBQ with The Welstone Jun 15
- STARS Summer Camp: Blue River Forest School Jun 19
- Club 3-21 Yoga Jun 20
- STARS Summer Camp: KC Copters Hangar Tour Jun 22
- STARS Car Wash at Miles of Exotics Pet Store Jun 23
- STARS Summer Camp: Main Event Northland Location Jun 26
- STARS Summer Camp: Scraps KC Jun 29
- Club 3-21 Summer Dance Party Jul 02
- STARS Summer Camp: One Life Fitness Jul 06
- STARS Gladstone Farmers Market Fundraiser Jul 07
- STARS Summer Camp: Water Fun in the Sun Jul 10
- STARS Summer Camp: Indoor Fun Not in the Sun Jul 13
- STARS Summer Camp: Soccer and Yogurt Jul 17
- STARS Summer Camp: Sonflower Bakery Jul 20
- Club 3-21 Chicken N Pickle Jul 20
- Sibling Leadership Academy Jul 23
- STARS Summer Camp: heroes Behind the Movies Jul 24
- STARS Summer Camp: KC Zoo Jul 27
- Child Care Basics Class Jul 30
Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City
5960 Dearborn Street, Suite 100
Mission, KS 66202
Down Syndrome Guild of
Greater Kansas City
Sign up to receive bi-monthly DSG E-blasts!
The Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide support and resources for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the professionals who serve them. DSG seeks to provide the entire community with information and education to broaden awareness and foster positive attitudes regarding people with Down syndrome.
24Th Annual Step up for down syndrome walk
The 24th Annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk is a day of family fun and celebration for a loved one with Down syndrome. All guests attending the Step Up Walk will enjoy a KFC lunch, family games, pony rides, mechanical rides, inflatables, photo booth and music from Happy Faces Entertainment.
The registration fee is $25.00 per person ages 13+, $15.00 for ages 3-12. Children 2 and younger are free (t-shirt is not included for those 2 and younger). The registration fee includes the Step Up Walk t-shirt, lunch and all of the activites the day of the Step Up Walk.
Over 10,000 guests will walk the 1 mile walk in celebration of theiir loved one or friend with Down syndrome. The event is rain or shine. Click here to view our walk brochure and to learn more about our walk team incentive plan.
sibling leadership academy (ages 12-18)
DSG Siblings ages 12-18 are invited to spend a day building self-confidence, learning to be an advocate, having fun, and dreaming big for siblings with Down syndrome. Spend the day with us this summer at Main Event and have fun making a difference! Application required. Apply here by July 5th and you will be notified and invoiced the class fee by July 9th! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSG Family Day at Powerplay
Grab your immediate family members who live in your household and join us for a fun morning at Powerplay on June 23rd from 8:30 AM-11:30 AM. Unlimited game play, rides, bowling and one trip through the buffet are covered. Go-Karts and Zipline are on your own. Additional family members outside your home may be added for $20 per person.
Register online here.
Tee Up for down syndrome golf tournament
Join us for the 16th Annual Tee Up for Down Syndrome Golf Tournment, being held on Monday September 10, 2018 at the prestigious and beautiful Shadow Glen Golf Club, consistently named as one of Golf Digest’s Best Courses in Kansas. The four man shot-gun scramble will tee off at 10:00am with registration, browsing the gift salon breakfast, raffle items and bloody marys beginning at 8:00am. All golfers will enjoy a great day of golf and VIP treatment. Golf team registration forms and corporate sponsorship details are below.
To register your team, click here.
To view corporate sponsorship levels click here.
DSG Support Breakfast
Parents and relatives of a child with Down syndrome up to the age of 3 are invited to join us on May 5th for breakfast, information on DSG, and facillitated conversation from other parents who have a child with Down syndrome. Click here to register.
A COMMON GOAL AND SYMBOL
There are a number of organizations supporting the acceptance and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome. We all share a common goal. Yet, Down syndrome lacks a common identity. So we created one. This universal symbol of DS brings forward in a unique way the one thing that makes Trisomy 21 special— one extra chromosome. With this universal symbol we hope to gain better awareness and ultimately create better outcomes for the individuals and families affected by DS.
"Just Like You - DS" Film
Producer Jen Greenstreet, of Just Like You Films Inc. and the Down Syndrome Guild of KC collaborated on this project to help explain the condition and provide suggestions on how to be supportive.You can view the film, read about the cast, list a screening, or download a discussion guide at the film website www.justlikeyou-downsyndrome.org Order a copy of the DVD HERE.
2017 YEAR IN REVIEW