Why Should You Walk?
Shirt color for 2015 is shown above!
The 2014 Step Up walk raised over $409,945 last year thanks to help of 341 walk teams and over 8,079 walkers. 100% of the proceeds stay in Kansas City to benefit the Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City and the vital programs the DSG provides to over 1200 families, 22 hospitals, 45 school districts and countless service providers in Kansas and Missouri.
- Down syndrome is the most commonly occurring genetic condition with an incidence of 1 in every 691 births.
- There are currently over 250,000 individuals living with Down syndrome in the United States.
- There are approximately 5,000 babies born with Down syndrome each year in the United States.
- There are approximately 50 babies born with Down syndrome each year in the greater Kansas City area.
- Down syndrome is one of the leading clinical causes of cognitive delay in the world - it is not related to race, nationality, religion or socio-economic status.
Mark your calendars for the 20th Annual Step Up Walk - Saturday October 17th, from 12:00pm - 4:00pm at Arrowhead Stadium - Lot C.
Help us reach this year's goal of $550,000! Register your team online and start fundraising today!
Join us for a day of family fun, as together, we celebrate those with Down syndrome!
The Step Up walk is a one-mile walk around Arrowhead stadium.
Guests of all ages will enjoy a great lunch, moonwalks, rock climbing wall, bungee pods, tattoos, clowns, pony rides, carnival games, music, dancing and much much more!
Click to see more pictures from the 2014 Step Up Walk!
Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City
5960 Dearborn Street, Suite 100
Mission, KS 66202